If you read my ramblings please let me know what you think. Good or bad. Your comments will help me become a better writer, I hope.



Also if you have a piece for the writing prompts add them as a comment so I can read them. Please? :)


29 May 2010

use these words in a story, sentence, or poem.

Dismay, confusion, sad, enlightened, maniacal, truth.

His maniacal laugh made him stand out in the crowd,
Laughter coupled with a sad look upon his face,
if the truth were told many assumed he had gone mad.

Dismay and confusion held them rooted in time,
Moments later they would be enlightened,
Would they run and hide or join his madness?

pat sinclair 2010

2 comments:

Greg Cameron said...

(prompts: dismay, confusion, sad, enlightened, maniacal, truth)

a poem -


Why not?


what is truth, sugar-child?

you provoke my

maniacal laughter

is this to your dismay?

permit me to dispel

your confusion

your state of affairs is



sad


sad


sad



the multiplicity swirls

about you

what's behind this door?

can you face it?

or perhaps there's

nothing at all

maybe you're

better off not knowing

you're coming apart at the seams

my sweet

hold yourself together

you're going this way

and that

you'll never find

the real you

you'll never be enlightened

I wouldn't worry

'cause you were gone

a long time ago

maybe you were missed

don't ask me

I'm a stranger here myself

but flicker flicker

you're as a multitude of

small insects

swarming about a light

and we all know

what happens to moths

don't we?

forgive me if I laugh

but then again


why not?




(Greg Cameron, Poem, Surrey, B.C., Canada, July, 2010)

pat said...

Thanks Greg, I loved it.