If you read my ramblings please let me know what you think. Good or bad. Your comments will help me become a better writer, I hope.



Also if you have a piece for the writing prompts add them as a comment so I can read them. Please? :)


21 April 2010

Krispy Kreme

Have you ever noticed when you have finally decided to become serious about your diet up pops a Krispy Kreme Shop with the HOT light on.  Ok so I was a little out of my way when I saw the sign but it still had to be an omen, right? Right?

Well anyway I bought two dozen doughnuts and drove home with out even lifting the lid, talk about will power.  Once I got home though all bets were off as I lifted the lid of the top box and the smell of the very fresh and still hot doughnuts wafted up and enveloped me.  I ate one and knew if I didn't get them out of my site I would devour more, ok a lot more.  I knew this box of mixed doughnuts would wait till the boys got off work but the hot ones didn't have a chance. 

I was good though and didn't eat any more, I picked them up and took them straight to the management office and gave them to the fine people who keep my appartment complex in tip top shape.  They are 'good people' and every now and again they need to be told.  I hope they enjoyed the treat because I really didn't need the calories what with a dozen doughnuts left and two hours until my sons got off work.

One of these days I will hit a point where a diet will stay with me and I will be able to say no to food.  I do enjoy the tastes and textures of food not to mention the aroma.  I need to find a better way to make the things I love without going overboard, until then I will try to put my thoughts down on paper and not in my mouth in the form of chocolate AHHHHH.

No comments: