If you read my ramblings please let me know what you think. Good or bad. Your comments will help me become a better writer, I hope.



Also if you have a piece for the writing prompts add them as a comment so I can read them. Please? :)


06 August 2010

Celebrate Her

A tear slides gently down her cheek
Leaving a trail to mark its path,
Giving notice of her heart
Remembering years gone by.

She was a daughter
Born into a world full of hate,
Left alone to grow
Into a woman full of love.

Sister to three brothers
Allowing her to be herself,
Giving her room to bloom
Protecting her from harm.

A wife who was loved
Before it was taken from her,
Teaching her an injured heart
Will heal with time.

She is a mother
Full of undying love for her sons,
Support, Pride, and Encouragement
For what they have become.

She is grown now
Having survived half a century,
Living to the fullest
Loving and being loved.

Pat Sinclair 2010

3 comments:

pat said...

This poem is a present to myself for my 50th birthday. I hope you all enjoy.

pat said...

This poem turned out to be so true. I spent most of the day crying due to family issues. I wish I had spent the day with my sons and left out the extended family. I am enjoying being 50 though and did enjoy part of the day.

ANTHONY said...

BEAUTIFUL